Who are Master Gardeners?
- Master Gardeners are passionate about gardening.
- Part of a respected international non-profit organization, Master Gardeners are horticultural persons certified through accredited universities or colleges.
- Volunteer opportunities are varied and rewarding; we love to pass on our knowledge through seminars, workshops, media appearances, info booths and helping organizations launch gardening programs.
- Experienced in gardening knowledge we motivate, help, and inspire the gardeners of Manitoba in the joy of gardening.
A Brief History of the Master Gardener Program.
To facilitate communication between Master Gardeners, the Manitoba Master Gardener Association was formally organized in 2011. It is a ‘supporting and networking body’ for Certified Master Gardeners as well as Master Gardeners-in-Training in the Province of Manitoba.
Goals and Objectives:
- To co-operate with and support the educational activities of our institutional affiliates in order to implement and develop their Manitoba Master Gardener Program
- To provide a communication network for Manitoba Master Gardeners to exchange ideas, information and issues
- To support the ongoing training of Manitoba Master Gardeners by providing information for educational opportunities and experiences
- To provide and encourage the growth of horticultural communities by building connections with like-minded organizations
- To serve as a source of horticultural information for the general public through postings on our website as well as providing connections to Manitoba Master Gardeners
- To promote sustainable horticultural practices and environmental stewardship
For Volunteers and Speakers contact:
Board of Directors:
Past Chair – Diana Dhaliwal (Winnipeg)
Chair— Shelley Walker (Winnipeg)
Vice Chair – Elsie Kathler (Steinbach)
Treasurer—Jayne Heaton (Winnipeg)
Secretary— Lynne McCarthy (Winnipeg)
Education Standards Director— Vacant
Communications (Website) Director—Marilyn N. Dudek (Winnipeg)
Membership Director—Lori Graham (Winnipeg)
Newsletter Editor – Elisabeth Renner (Winnipeg)
Special Events and Fundraising Director – vacant
Volunteer Coordinator – vacant
Sandy Venton (Winnipeg)
Diane Daignault, Volunteer Impact Administrator (Winnipeg)